Sonntag, 9. November 2008

Daily Good News



DailyGood News: A Table For Three

Three keys to more abundant living: caring about others, daring for others, sharing with others. --William A. Ward

My husband and I decided today was the day to finally treat ourselves to a nice dinner. It started off as 'our' day' but little did we know that it would turn into much more. I didn't want the whole day to be about yearning to leave the office for the upcoming dinner and I didn't want the dinner to be just another romantic night for two... So, I felt compelled to turn up the notch of giving that day and see what that could do. 
During the work day,  I began in small ways. I inserted a few more quarters, dimes, and nickels, into the vending machines at work for the staff, so that something extra jingled inside for the next hungry worker. I posted smile signs in the lobby which gave clear instructions on how to smile as employees entered the office, either before their morning cup of coffee or right before a meeting with their boss. I drafted some powerful words of inspiration on colorful strips of paper and decorated my cube, so that any colleagues who came by, might just stop for a moment, read, and perhaps change their mood.
Oh, and when it came time for our lovely dinner to come to a close that night,  I left the server a hearty tip and a well-wishing note for her to have a wonderful day after thanking her for all of her kind service. As my husband and I were collecting our dinner mints and were just about to leave our table,  the waitress broke down in tears beside us, as she clutched the note in her hand . We asked her to sit down with us and we just listened.  As an emotional mother, I too, cried along with her. Our table for two was now for three.
It was a day that was not just ours, but it was the waitress' day, my co-workers' day, and now it is your day too! 

Be The Change:
Make a practice of "sharing" your happiness in big or small ways with others .

Keine Kommentare: